Monday, August 11, 2008

More "Wizards" News

I was going to start this entry off with some comments about Pineapple Express, which I saw on Friday.

But I just got a call from my agent - the Wizards of Waverly Place folks emailed her, and want to "put a pin in me" from the 13th-19th.

And what does that mean, exactly?

I'm embarrassed to admit I don't actually know - neither my commercial agent or my manager use that particularly phraseology - and I was too embarrassed to admit my ignorance to ask.

But what I think it means is that I'm "on avail". And that means "You're on the short list, so keep your schedule open on these days till we tell you otherwise...just in case".

In any case, it's fun news.

And I feel pretty well-positioned to deal with whatever happens; if I get it, that'll be good for all the reasons previously mentioned (Credit, experience, etc). And if I don't get it, it won't be that big a loss (Because it's an Aftra gig, and I'll have to join the union. Meaning the check I'll get for the gig will go away soon as I get it).

When something like this happens, it's just nice to feel like "I'm in the game".

No comments: