Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Good Night

Had a workshop last night with Jamie Castro, an associate from Lowy/Brace Casting, the office that does Gray's Anatomy, Private Practice, and Friday Night Lights, along with some new show called The Washingtonian.

(I've done workshops with Will Stewart, a former Lowy/Brace associate who's now a CD himself, but never with Ms Castro. Who was really cute, by the way.)

It was a good night - Happily, I was paired with Tammy D., a regular who almost always hits home runs with her scenes, and we got a good one (As a couple in therapy because we've never once had sex during our four-year marriage).

We went over it outside, working the lines, and talking over the relationship enough to know we were on the same page with how to play the scene (In addition to seeing a lot of each other's work, we've been paired up a couple times before, so we're very comfortable working together).

When it was time to go back in, we went up early on, did our thing, and got a very good response.

Then Ms Castro gave us some backstory (The reason we've never had sex is because I'm not attracted to her - I like "big" women), and she had us do it again.

The scene had "worked" well the first time around - even the casting person said so - but the re-direct added an interesting wrinkle (I was much more guilty and uncomfortable the second time around, since it was my fault we were there).

Long story short, it was fun, and I know we both made a great impression, and that's what I'm looking for at these things.

Adding to the acting fun, I have a commercial audition later today - For Orbit, the online travel service (This is at least the third time I've gone in for an Orbit commercial. So hopefully, third time's the charm...).

So I should get myself to bed, since I have a (relatively) early day tomorrow...

No comments: