Saturday, August 9, 2008

Three Cheers For "Happy Little Surprises"

Since I didn't hear anything yesterday, I'm assuming the Wizards Of Waverly Place thing isn't happening.

Mildly disappointing, but not a big loss (Did I mention I wouldn't have made any money off it, because of having to sign up with AFTRA?).

Long story short, I want to get everything I go out for, but some things I want more than others.

(That said, I'm open to being happily surprised when I get "the call" on Monday.)

Yesterday's commercial audition for the NFL went well, I thought.

I was going in for the part of a guy on a film crew. And they had us go in in groups of three.

The premise is that we're the crew of a horror movie, grouped around a monitor, much more interested in the football game we're watching than what's happening on the set.

At the same time they had actors in for "crew members", they were also auditioning "ingenues" for the "Horror Movie" in the other room. So while we waited to go in and do our thing, we'd periodically hear blood-curdling screams from inside, which I found pretty funny - I enjoy surreal little moments like that at auditions, since it reminds me where I am.

When my group of three went in, they had us improvise watching the game (with the camera standing in as "the game"); we did two takes, the first with the game going our way, and the second with our team losing (Though we were instructed to, basically, not go nuts with our reactions either time).

I was glad one of my fellow actors - a huge guy who would have made pre-Weight Watchers me look skinny - took the lead with the "football talk". Cause left to my own devices, I would have just embarrassed myself (I'm not a "sports guy").

So anyway, callbacks for that will be next week - I think Wednesday - and I'll be surprised (And not in a good way)if I don't get the callback.

And speaking of commercials (And surprises) - there was a check from JS (My commercial agent) in yesterday's mail, for "wildspot" airings of my AT&T Yellow Pages commercial that I shot earlier this year.

Not a game-altering amount of money - just a pinch under $200 - but something that'll pay a couple bills, or groceries for the month, so that's cool.

And speaking of not game-altering amounts of money (Not yet, anyway), I also received my Google AdSense pin # in yesterday's mail).

I promptly went online and put it in, and now I'm totally good to go, with everything on the up-and-up.

Well, as I sometimes say in my other journal, I could go on, but then I wouldn't be sleeping...

No comments: