Thursday, September 11, 2008

Workshoppin'

Had my first workshop of the month earlier tonite (With Geralyn Flood, from Zane-Pillsbury, the office that casts The Sarah Connor Chronicles, amongst other things).

It went well - I was partnered with Molly again, in a comedy scene as a divorced couple, and we rocked it.

I've said it before - It's ten tons of fun when you get to go up with someone, you don't have to worry about them (Whether they're funny, whether they can keep up or not), and you know they don't need to worry about you, and you can just play. When you don't have to worry whether it's going to go well because you know it's going to go well.

I haven't experienced it on a professional level yet, what I've just described...but I'm looking forward to it; as I used to say when I was doing community theater back in Lansing, "The only thing better than acting would be acting...then having someone hand you a check afterwards."

I'm still looking for those two things to come together - the fun of actually getting to act, and the fun of getting a paycheck afterwards.

But it's gonna be sweet...

No comments: