Thursday, July 31, 2008

Some Things I've Been Excited About Lately...

1. The second season start of Mad Men. Loved the first season, and I'm hoping they can maintain the high level of writing and acting they achieved coming out of the gate last year.

2. The Dark Knight (I keep wanting to call it The Dark Knight Returns, like the Frank Miller graphic novel. Which I'd love to see as a movie, by the way). And of course, like pretty much everyone else who's seen the movie, I was particularly taken with Heath Ledger's amazing work as "The Joker"; Going in, I was prepared, because of all the hype, to be underwhelmed, but now I'm on board in hoping he'll get a posthumous Oscar nod for his work. Cause it's just that good.

3. Dexter. I'm coming pretty late to the Dexter party - A couple weeks back, after sampling an episode on the Showtime website, I bought the first season box set, and am in the process of buying season 2 off ITunes as I write this.

4. Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Again, I'm late to the party, but I just saw this at a friend's house over the weekend, and thought it was great fun (Since watching it over the weekend, I've watched it again at Hulu. The whole thing reminds that I really want to work for Joss Whedon at some point - The sooner the better).

5. So You Think You Can Dance. While I think I've voted exactly once since the show began, this is my dance competition show of choice (Sorry Dancing With The Stars). Great dancing, pretty girls, and Cat Deeley, perhaps the best host ever - What more do you want? Take away Mary Whats-Her-Name's trademark screeching, and it's maybe the most purely entertaining thing I'm currently watching on tv.

No comments: