Monday, July 14, 2008

Auditions Are Good

I have a commercial audition later today, for Campbells Soup (For the role of a chef).

It's at Danielle Eskinazi, a place that, happily, calls me in quite often.

It's also the place where we once had a mini dust-up over my being turned away at an audition (If you're new to "the biz" and reading this: If you ever go to an audition and are turned away, because of some miscommunication between the casting agency and your agent, don't say anything to the casting people, unless it's "sorry for the confusion...". Don't complain, don't explain, don't anything-they really don't like that. Just leave, call your agent, and let them sort things out. That's what your agent is for, after all).

All I need for today's audition is a white shirt and dark pants, which I have. But my white shirt has seen better days, so I'm going to buy a new one.

Shirt-buying is pretty much all the preparation there is to do; all I know of the commercial is what I just told you (That, and that if I book the spot, I'll be required to sip beef broth, which basically makes it "The Role I Was Born To Play" in "The Spot I Was Meant To Book").

For commercial auditions, you just have to go in, be up-beat, try to be "loose" - since you don't know what's going to be required of you - and have fun.

But now it's off to the shirt-buying-place...

No comments: