Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ok, Maybe AFTRA Isn't SO Bad...

The day after I went to the AFTRA office and was told I had to pay the whole initiation fee before working yesterday's job, I got a call from the membership office - Turns out, I didn't have to pay the entire membership fee in advance, and could have just signed over my session fee towards membership.

It makes me a little embarrassed that I forwarded my last entry, in its entirety, to AFTRA.

(Kids, let this be a lesson to you - DON'T EMAIL ANGRY.)

Anyway, I had some email back and forth with Vince Albrigo, who apparently runs the "membership" end of things at AFTRA, and I think where we left it was that they're going to refund the difference between my session fee and the $1300-and-change I shelled out.

(I'm going to email Mr A. and make sure what I think happened actually happened. But long story short, it would seem that yesterday's gig, in financial terms, was a wash. Which is at least better than taking a financial hit for doing a gig.)

No comments: